Wednesday 29 February 2012

I’ve gone a little bit nuts…


I’m not sure whether it’s the fact that today is the rare event of February 29, or whether it was the strong coffee I had this morning – perhaps it’s both.

Or perhaps it’s from the fact that there is appalling new footage from Indonesia of despicable cruelty and torture towards cows - again.

I’ve gone into over-drive.

I am typing like a loony, my brain is going bonkers, and I can’t sit still.

Hence why this post may be a bit disjointed and crazy.

I’ve signed many petitions, read lots of people’s comments, and shared the link from Animals Australia on my FB page. There is also a petition for those people not in Australia.

Whether vegan or meat-eater – I’d be surprised if this story doesn’t affect you.

I will be the first to admit that I have not seen this new footage – I don’t think I could handle it. L-whack saw some footage this morning whilst at the gym, and they had blanked out the worst parts – which just goes to show just how bad this footage is.

I cannot begin to understand what makes a human being act so cruelly, and treat another living creature with such disrespect and neglectful behaviour.

Unfortunately it’s not happening solely in Indonesia. But I think the Australian Government and various livestock companies really need to take a good long hard look at what they are supporting, and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.


I don’t want to end this post on a negative note – so here is a picture of a kitten dressed as a frog.


No comments:

Post a Comment