Wednesday 22 February 2012

Yumminess ahead

Tonight I am going to a friend's house for a tasty vegan meal. It's been in the works for months - and I'm really looking forward to it! Unfortunately L-whack cannot make it as he has PhD stuff to work on but the next best person is coming along - Litha! She is my friend/cousin-in-law, and I am certain a fun night will be had. I'm a little scared though - there may be tofu.... Eeeeeeek!

Obviously I'm not going to show up to a friends house for dinner without anything to contribute, so I've picked up a bottle of organic red wine - a vegan friendly wine of course (the label even says so - woooot!). From liquorland of all places!

It seems to review pretty well - James Halliday 2011 scored it 88/100, and Quaff 2011 called it 'sensationally good' - so I have high hopes.

Angove Organic Shiraz Cabernet


So here's to good night with good friends!

UPDATE: Just got emailed the menu (oooooh very swish!) and I am drooling already

American-Style Dinner at Shannon & Tim’s

Salad
Spinach, Strawberry & Toasted Pecan

Main
Baked “Chicken” Drumsticks
Tofu, 2 Ways: Kentucky Fried & Blackened

Sides
Baked Mac & “Cheese” with Breadcrumbs
Mashed Sweet Potato
Sauteed Silverbeet with Citrus & Sultanas
Maple-Flaxseed Cornbread

Dessert
Peach Raspberry Crumble with Soygood Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment