Thursday 17 May 2012

ZING!

I asked for a strong soy flat white this morning, and I got one!!!

I don’t know why, but sometimes coffee is a little like alcohol for me (well, from what I remember as I rarely drink these days). Sometimes I have a cup, and I become wired, giggling and unable to concentrate. Other times, it does nothing. Strange, but highly amusing when I get affected by it!

Last night I roasted a beetroot. I have never cooked beetroot before, but I bought one last week and I thought I’d better do something with it before it gets old. So I peeled it, quartered it and wrapped it in foil and roasted it for an hour on 180*c. I’m really not sure what I’ll do with it (I put it in the fridge once it had cooled down) but I’m sure that it’ll be tasty. Maybe beetroot hummus, maybe I’ll add just a little balsamic and eat it on its own.

Oh, I took a photo of a piece of banana chocolate cake I baked for mother’s day. I didn’t bother to sprinkle any more icing sugar on it, but I easily could have.

Mmmmmmmm cake!

I was recently ‘invited’ to join Pinterest, and I’m having fun using it. If you’ve never heard of it, that’s ok – I had no idea what it was until about a month ago. It’s considered a social media tool (but I like to use it as a friendly reminder tool for my often forgetful and overloaded brain!). You pretty much ‘pin’ things on to your board. Sounds kinda lame-o, but it’s actually quite enjoyable. As Pinterest explains it;

Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.
Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.

Our goal is to connect everyone in the world through the 'things' they find interesting. We think that a favorite book, toy, or recipe can reveal a common link between two people. With millions of new pins added every week, Pinterest is connecting people all over the world based on shared tastes and interests.

So I’ve come across a heap of new recipes, amazing beaches to discover, and cute pictures of animals – like below!! If you’re on Pinterest, feel free to add me (follow me? Pin me??).

Maldives - amazingly divine!
Hip Hop Kitty

Motivation when I just can't be assed...

Dreams... :o)






































(what is this formatting thing on blogger? Sorry about this scmemozzle of a mess, but you can't format your pictures easily - if you know how, then please let me know!!)



I’ve also found my dream home. It’s located in Malibu, California and costs a mere $15 million. Haha! If you would like to donate to the cause, please let me know as all donations are more than welcome. You may even score yourself an invite to the housewarming!! HAHA!!

Le sigh. How I would love to be sunning myself on a beach somewhere warm and tropical at the moment.......


Update: As you can probably tell, I enjoy my cooking. And I have FOREVER wanted a beautiful KitchenAid mixer. Well there is a vegetarian website called Delicieux that is doing a giveaway, so to get an entry I need to give them a free plug - so here is the plug!! Now fingers crossed and I'll start dreaming about which colour I would like...

No comments:

Post a Comment