Monday 23 July 2012

Don't adjust your screens!

Wow, it’s been a while since I posted… lack of motivation has been a big factor.

Recently, my gorgeous nieces moved up to Queensland. It’s been a pretty sucky couple of months; I miss them dearly. But hopefully I will get to see them soon. My mum has gone up to visit them this week (I couldn’t take time off work), and I hope to do the same sometime in the coming months.

It’s been fairly quiet anyways. And freakin’ cold. Man, I hate winter.

Coles supermarket is totally messing with my head.

Read the caption...

Really? Do I need to get checked for colour blindness??

And then there was this capsicum I bought.


As they famously claim “there’s no freshness like Coles freshness”…

And then I baked this blueberry & nut loaf last week. It is totally tasty, and easily veganised.


I found it in a little pull-out recipe book from some magazine (L-whack’s mum gave it to me) but I don’t know where it came from!! So thank you to whoever wrote it. I’ve included my modification in italics…

BLUEBERRY & NUT LOAF
1 1/4 cup self-raising flour (I used wholemeal SR flour)
1 tsp mixed spice
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (I used frozen)
1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped (I put these in a Ziploc bag, and bashed the hell out of it with a rolling pin – quite therapeutic!)
1/4 cup oat bran
2 tbsp pepitas (I used about 3.5 tbsp. cos they’re yummy)
125g butter, melted (Nuttelex)
1/2 cup low fat milk (soy milk)
2 eggs ( I used Orgran no egg egg replacers)

Method
Preheat oven to a moderate 180°C. Line a 10 x 20cm loaf pan with baking paper.
Sift flour and spice together, then stir in sugar, 1 cup of the berries, nuts, bran and half the pepitas.
In a separate bowl, whisk together nuttelex, soy milk and egg replacers. Gently mix into dry ingredients until combined.
Pour mixture into prepared pan, smoothing top. Sprinkle evenly with remaining pepitas and ½ cup blueberries. Bake for 50-55 minutes, until cooked when tested with a skewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment